- Remove tax-free equity from your house
- No regular monthly repayments
- Help your family to buy a house
- Continue to live in your own property
Mortgage rates 2.13% for lower loan to values, with slighly higher rates for larger amounts. No fees apart from a small valuation fee.
Concise Finance Customer Reviews
Sophie G from Aberdeen
The financial advisor I’ve had for 25 years said I could save inheritance tax by getting £350,000 of equity release. The money was lent at a very low-interest rate close to 2% and competitive with normal mortgages you would get by proving income. I have saved a lot of tax.
Mrs E from London
My mortgage needed to be repaid to the existing lender. I thought I was going to lose my house. Thanks to Concise I got equity release to pay off my mortgage.
Mr Smith from Kendal
My financial advisor told me that I should get equity release and gift money to my 5 children now as it would save a massive amount of inheritance tax.
Mrs V from Hastings
I had spent my life running up credit cards and loans then getting interest-only mortgages to pay off the debt. I got to retirement age and still owed the bank £160,000. The term was about to expire, and I could not afford the payments on my pension anyway. I got £180,000 equity release and now I am more comfortable with no monthly repayments and I spent £20,000 on a new bathroom and kitchen. I now know I can stay in my home.
Ms G from Dover
I divorced my husband who was a violent alcoholic. I really feared losing my home as I sometimes look after my daughter’s children. Equity release enabled me to pay off my ex and stay secure in my home.
Ms T from Hammersmith
My husband recently died leaving me with a mortgage I could not afford to pay. The lifetime mortgage allowed me to pay off the mortgage and have enough money left over for a new bathroom, kitchen, and roof repair.
Mrs G from Leeds
My daughter is a single mother, and I got a £120,000 lifetime mortgage to buy her a flat outright as she has had a succession of poorly maintained rental flats not suitable for her child.
Mrs Daly from Glasgow
My daughter lives in the states and does not have health insurance. My £ 30,000-lifetime mortgage paid the medical bills for her son to be born and a years rent in advance for a new flat for the baby.
With my power of attorney, I got equity release on my father’s house to pay for disability provisions including a lift and a new kitchen.
Tweets by HSBC_UK
The mortgage lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold terraced house or a Leasehold flat and if the resident is an AST Tenant.
Successful business owners who could benefit from equity release estate planning
- Manufacture of tools Whitworth
- Operation of sports facilities Stalham
- Manufacture of optical precision instruments Darley Dale
- The weaving of textiles Honiton
- Aluminium production Chipping Campden
- Manufacture of imitation jewellery and related articles Kirkby Stephen
- Holiday centres and villages Rochester
- Non-trading company Enfield
- Artistic creation St Ives
- Sale of used cars and light motor vehicles Carlton Colville
- Retail sale of sports goods, fishing gear, camping goods, boats and bicycles Winchelsea
- Non-life reinsurance Long Sutton
- Other manufacturing n e c Coleshill
- Growing of cereals except for rice, leguminous crops and oil seeds Lydney
- Processing and preserving of poultry meat Wickwar
- Repair of machinery Westhoughton
- First-degree level higher education Maryport
- Repair of electronic and optical equipment Leyton
Equity Release LTV Percentages
The older you are and the more serious your illnesses you are, the more tax-free cash you can release.
Areas in the UK where retirement mortgages are common
- Bishops Waltham
- Tenbury Wells
- Woburn Sands
- Chipping Sodbury
What percentage can be released?
- 55% lumpsum lifetime mortgages LV Liverpool Victoria
- 60% LTV lump sum lifetime mortgages – Lifetime Mortgage from L&G
- 40% LTV monthly payment equity release Vida
- 25% loan to value lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release West Bromwich Building Society
Drawbacks of Home Reversion Schemes
Lumpsum lifetime mortgages can reduce the inheritance for your family. Monthly payment equity release may impact the ability to claim entitlements. You may need to pay an advisor’s fee and some products expose you to changes in interest rates.
UK Lenders for Equity Release
- Lifetime Mortgage from L&G
- Stonehaven Mortgage
- Key Solutions
It’s common to find individuals searching for home reversion plans, lump sum lifetime mortgages or monthly payment equity release, however, More2Life like Legal & General are keen to see proof of your circumstances in the form of pension statements.
- Canada Life Voluntary Select Gold Flexi
- Hodge Lifetime Mortgage Flexible Drawdown Plan
- More2Life Flexi Choice Drawdown Lite Plan
- Nationwide Equity Release
- HSBC Equity Release Schemes
- TSB Equity Release
- More to Life Flexi Choice Drawdown Lite Plan
- Royal Bank of Scotland Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga Equity Release Schemes
- Bridgewater Equity Release Schemes
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Max Scheme
- Stonehaven Equity Release
- Nationwide Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- HSBC Equity Release Plans
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Schemes
- More2Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- Just retirement equity release key features
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Plans
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Schemes
- TSB Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga Equity Release Plans
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Home
- Halifax Retirement Mortgage Advice
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- Lloyds Equity Release Mortgage
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Comparison
- HSBC Equity Release Plan
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Rates 2021
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage Maximum Ltv
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Drawdown Scheme
- Halifax Equity Release Brokers Uk
- Santander Equity Release Interest Rates
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Broker
- Nationwide Equity Release Loan
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Broker
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release
- Santander Retirement Mortgage Interest Only
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Home Reversion Plan
- Natwest Equity Release Retirement
Canada Life Lifetime Mortgages
HSBC UK Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register number: 765112). HSBC UK Bank plc is a company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales with company registration number 9928412 and its registered office at 1 Centenary Square, Birmingham, B1 1HQ. HSBC UK Bank plc’s registered VAT Number is GB 365684514. HSBC adheres to The Standards of Lending Practice which is monitored and enforced by The Lending Standards Board. Further details can be found at www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk