- A Santander retirement mortgage at 1.96% MER Rate
- No lenders fees
- No brokers fees
- £299 valuation fee
- Use your own solicitor
- Remove tax-free equity from your property
- Not necessary to make regular monthly payments
- Stay living in your own house – using Santander retirement mortgages
My mother has dementia. With my solicitor and my power of attorney, I got equity release on my mother’s house to pay for specialist modifications for her comfort.
Mrs L from Nottingham
I had to pay a valuation fee and a solicitor’s fee, but no lender or broker fees for my lifetime mortgage. As I was divorcing my husband of 30 years the money went to him for his share of the house. I am happy now as I am secure, and I do not need to move from my home.
Ms T from Hammersmith
My husband recently died leaving me with a mortgage I could not afford to pay. The lifetime mortgage allowed me to pay off the mortgage and have enough money left over for a new bathroom, kitchen, and roof repair.
William from London
I was told by my lawyer my inheritance tax bill would be around £250,000. I got a lifetime mortgage to give money to my son and daughter so they could buy bigger homes and we bought a house in the south of France for us all to use as a holiday home.
Mr Smith from Kendal
My financial advisor told me that I should get equity release and gift money to my 5 children now as it would save a massive amount of inheritance tax.
Mr G from Kent
I got an interest-only lifetime mortgage and gave my sons £100,000 each so they could put a deposit down on a home. My money made it possible for them to get a very good mortgage deal, especially one son who is not well paid.
Sandra from Manchester
I got equity release to give money to my daughter to buy a house. Without the money I borrowed, her buying a home would have been impossible.
Mrs V from Hastings
I had spent my life running up credit cards and loans then getting interest-only mortgages to pay off the debt. I got to retirement age and still owed the bank £160,000. The term was about to expire, and I could not afford the payments on my pension anyway. I got £180,000 equity release and now I am more comfortable with no monthly repayments and I spent £20,000 on a new bathroom and kitchen. I now know I can stay in my home.
Mrs E from London
I was advised to get equity release from my East London home to minimise inheritance tax. My son and daughter used the money to pay down their mortgages. The interest rate on the equity release was so low it was close to their mortgage rate.
Tweets by santanderuk
- Bridgewater Lifetime Mortgage
- Just Retirement Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Santander retirement mortgage
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Max Plus
- Pure Retirement Equity Release Plans
- Stonehaven Lifetime Mortgage
- TSB Equity Release Plans
- Bridgewater Lifetime Mortgage
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- Pure Retirement Lifetime Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage
- Santander retirement mortgages
- Nationwide Equity Release
- HSBC Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Royal Bank of Scotland Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Age Partnership Equity Release Schemes
- Canada Life Voluntary Select Gold
- More2Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- More to Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- Pure Retirement Lifetime Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release
- More 2 Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage Home Reversion Plan
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Home Reversion Plan
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- Santander Equity Release On Second Homes
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- Natwest Equity Release Loan
- Halifax Equity Release Scheme
- Lloyds Equity Release Advice
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages Rates 2021
- Santander Retirement Mortgage House
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Rates 2021
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Calculator
- HSBC Equity Release
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Reviews
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Buy To Let
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Maximum Ltv
What percentage can be released with Santander retirement mortgages?
- 50% lump sum lifetime mortgages Royal London Equity Release
- 60% loan to value (LTV) lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release Paragon Personal Finance
- 50% loan to value (LTV) home reversion plans Norton Finance
- 30% loan to value monthly payment equity release Buckinghamshire Building Society
What percentage can be released with a Santander retirement mortgage?
The older you are and the more serious your illnesses you are, the more tax-free cash you can release.
Equity Release Providers
- Sunlife Plans
- the Telegraph
Areas in the UK where retirement mortgages are common
- Bishops Waltham
It is common to encounter people searching for lump sum lifetime mortgages, monthly payment lifetime mortgage or lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release, however, Age Concern like Royal London Equity Release are keen to see evidence of your situation in the form of bank statements.
Examples of retired business owners likely to have equity to release
- Manufacture of other games and toys, n e c Sleaford
- Retail sale of newspapers and stationery in specialised stores Stanley
- Manufacture of cider and other fruit wines St Neots
- Finishing of textiles Romsey
- Activities of real estate investment trust Peacehaven
- Medical nursing home activities Wilmslow
- Manufacture of other general-purpose machinery n e c Ealing
- Plumbing, heat and air-conditioning installation Morpeth
- Fire service activities Silloth
- Other telecommunications activities West Tilbury
- Media representation services Somerton
- Financial leasing Skelton-in-Cleveland
- Manufacture of office and shop furniture Widnes
- Manufacture of doors and windows of metal Ashburton
- Research and experimental development on social sciences and humanities Tavistock
- Raising of poultry Prudhoe
- Removal services Watford
- Manufacture of machinery for paper and paperboard production Brandon
The mortgage lender will want to know if the property is a Detached freehold house or a Leasehold house and if the resident is a Private Tenant.
Drawbacks of Equity Release Plans
Monthly payment equity release can reduce the value of your estate. Lumpsum lifetime mortgages may impact the ability to claim entitlements. You may need to pay a broker’s fee, and you could have higher rates to pay with some schemes.
Santander UK plc. Registered Office: 2 Triton Square, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3AN, United Kingdom. Registered Number 2294747. Registered in England and Wales. www.santander.co.uk. Telephone 0800 389 7000. Calls may be recorded or monitored. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Our Financial Services Register number is 106054. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk/register. Santander and the flame logo are registered trademarks.