- 2.36% APRC rate with a Santander Lifetime Mortgage
- Mortgages available up to 90 years old
- Also available are Santander retirement mortgages
- Optional monthly repayment
- Use the money to pay off your existing mortgage or for any other purpose
- Can be used for another property purchase
- Borrow 60% of your home’s value.
- Stay living in your own home
- No early repayment charge
Lowest rate 2.36% new as of 1st May 2022.
Testimonials and Example Cases
Sandra from Manchester
I got an equity release mortgage to give money to my daughter to buy a house. Without the money I borrowed, her buying a home would have been impossible.
My mother has dementia. With my solicitor and my power of attorney, I got equity release on my mother’s house to pay for specialist modifications for her comfort.
Mrs Daly from Glasgow
My daughter lives in the states and does not have health insurance. My £30,000 lifetime mortgage paid the medical bills for her son to be born and a years rent in advance for a new flat for the baby. I no have no conventional mortgage left to pay and my lender can offer larger sums of cash if I need them in addition to the full amount I have already taken.
Mrs M from Birmingham
Being aged 55, with no brokers fees and no lenders fees, I got an interest-only retirement mortgage which I pay each month from my private pension. The money released went to my daughter for her wedding and a deposit for her next house. She wanted a family, and her flat was too small. I can take out additional smaller amounts of cash if I like.
And because I still have 100% ownership of my home my property price continues to grow quickly. My home is currently worth at least £220,000.
Mrs Shaw from Lancaster
I had an interest-only mortgage with Birmingham Midshires. The mortgage had come to the end of its term and they wanted the £127000 back I still owed them. My lifetime mortgage saved me from losing my home and the rate was close to what I paid before. I could release more money if I wanted even though I know it could affect some benefits.
Mrs G from Leeds
My daughter is a single mother, and I got a £120,000 lifetime mortgage to buy her a flat outright as she has had a succession of poorly maintained rental flats not suitable for her child. The overall cost is very low. And even after my larger sums initial amount there will be lots of money left after I die. And if I do want to move there are no early repayment charges because of the commitment to flexible features.
I could choose to make a further application for more money – I understand interest is charged daily. To help me I used the Workplace pensions Retirement planning tool.
Santander UK plc. Registered Office: 2 Triton Square, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3AN, United Kingdom. Registered Number 2294747. Registered in England and Wales. www.santander.co.uk. Telephone 0800 389 7000. Calls may be recorded or monitored. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Our Financial Services Register number is 106054. Santander and the flame logo are registered trademarks.
Concise Finance is not a member of the equity release council and has no up to date information on lifetime mortgage interest rates as they frequently change. It can save you money if you use a drawdown lifetime mortgage if you don’t need all the cash now. You only pay interest on the money you need while the value of your home may go up.
A lump sum lifetime mortgage with no early repayment charge can be much better than downsizing as keeping your existing home will allow you to keep a larger stake size in the UK property value market. Most lifetime mortgages all you to borrow money secured on your home with an early repayment charge but this could impact means tested benefits.
- Bridgewater Lifetime Mortgage no arrangement fee from a mortgage broker
- Just Retirement Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage fixed rate building societies
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Max Plus pay interest monthly
- Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage Santander with monthly repayments and flexible retirement age
- Pure Retirement Equity Release Plans open on bank holidays
- Stonehaven Lifetime Mortgage with interest roll up and no affordability checks
- TSB Equity Release Plans cash lump sum with no affordability assessment
- Bridgewater Lifetime Mortgage with no mortgage repayments
- Get a retirement mortgage from Santander retirement mortgages
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- Pure Retirement Lifetime Mortgage with large lump sum payments
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage with no fees added to the total loan amount
- Santander retirement interest only mortgage with a flexible mortgage term
- leeds building society Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage similar to repayment mortgages
- Royal Bank of Scotland Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage for people with retirement income
- Age Partnership Equity Release Schemes with income proved with a state pension statement
- Canada Life Voluntary Select Gold with interest repayments from a defined benefit pension
- More to life Capital Choice Plus Plan for credit worthy mortgage borrowers
- More to Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite for a loved ones home purchase deposit
- family building society Lifetime Mortgage mortgage lenders
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release to pay off credit cards with no pension income
- Mortgage advice from More 2 Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
Interest only lifetime mortgage Santander
If you don’t want roll up compounded interest, an interest-only lifetime mortgage from the Santander at a very low rate can be an excellent idea.
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- Timber Frame Mortgage Home Reversion Plan
- NatWest Lifetime Mortgage Home Reversion Plan
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- Santander Equity Release On Second Homes
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- NatWest Equity Release Loan
- Halifax Equity Release Scheme
- Lloyds Equity Release Advice
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages Rates 2022
- Santander Retirement Mortgage House
- Equity Release in homes under 50
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Rates 2022
- NatWest Retirement Mortgage Calculator
- HSBC Equity Release
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Reviews
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Buy To Let Property mortgage advisers
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Maximum Ltv
What percentage can be released in 2022 – Compare Santander lifetime mortgage?
Santander lifetime mortgage options can be some of the most flexible products available.
- 50% lump sum lifetime mortgages Royal London Equity Release for people with medical conditions
- 55% Santander lifetime mortgage with no mortgage payments personalised illustration
- 65% Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage Santander to supplement state benefits with no other costs involved
- 60% loan to value (LTV) different types of lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release Paragon Personal Finance
- 50% loan to value (LTV) home reversion plans Norton Finance for good condition main residence cash sum
- 30% loan to value monthly payment equity release Buckinghamshire Building Society later life lending
- UK Santander retirement mortgages can be a very low-cost route to releasing equity from your home for existing customers
What percentage can be released with a Santander lifetime mortgage?
The older you are and the more serious your illnesses are, the more tax-free cash you can release.
Equity Release Providers – Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage Santander or Santander retirement interest only mortgage
- Sun life Plans
- the Telegraph
Interest only mortgage calculator Santander mortgages for over 60s
A 10 year fixed rate mortgage Santander and other offers can be studied with the help of a calculator.
Areas in the UK where Santander retirement mortgages are common in 2022
Tough to finance property titles can include rent charges properties with a high estate rent charge, ground rent where the lease or any deed varying the lease provides for a ground rent exceeding, or where the escalating provisions would result in the ground rent exceeding £250 per annum (or £1000 per annum where the property is in Greater London), derelict property or where part of the building is in severe disrepair and needs demolishing, asbestos construction and Reema Hollow panel, Schindler and Hawksley SGS, Stent, Stonecrete, Stour, Tarran, Underdown, Unity and Butterley, Waller, Wates, Wessex, Winget and Woolaway.
Santander mortgages for over 60s are a common option for people with strong retirement income.
- Bishops Waltham
It is common to encounter people searching for lump sum lifetime mortgages, monthly payment lifetime mortgage or lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release, however, Santander like Royal London Equity Release are keen to see evidence of your situation in the form of bank statements.
An enhanced lifetime mortgage is a loan secured on your home where you can access the maximum proportion of the value in your home. A lifetime mortgage could come from an equity release provider with a no negative equity guarantee.
Challenging to finance home titles include properties with outbuildings used for normal domestic purposes (garage, workshop, stables, barn etc), properties with grounds in excess of five acres, use of the land and any outbuildings for a small amount of personal commercial use, properties using rooms, land or outbuildings for business purposes which are not personal to the borrower(s) or which extend to more than 50% of the property to be secured and properties that have a private water supply.
The great thing about an equity release plan or flexible lifetime mortgage is you are able to keep a 100% equity share in the value of your home. How much equity you release you can find out using an equity release calculator.
Lifetime mortgage products can have legal fees, early repayment charges, and a completion fee and the loan amount can be subject to rolled up interest. The existing debt likely from the existing lender plus any early repayment charges will likely have to be paid back first.
Difficult to finance home types include properties with post-1945 asbestos or similar composition roof tiles, properties with spray foam insulation applied to the underside of the roof, privately developed flats, maximum four storeys with a lift, privately developed flats in blocks of two storeys without a lift and privately developed flats in blocks of three or four storeys without a lift.
Examples of retired business owners likely to have equity to release for estate planning and reducing tax bills
Hard to finance home variants can include properties in the course of construction or pre-construction, age-restricted properties, right to buy – properties in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, crofted houses and freehold flats (England, Wales, Northern Ireland).
- Manufacture of other games and toys, n e c Sleaford
- Retail sale of newspapers and stationery in specialised stores Stanley
- Manufacture of cider and other fruit wines St Neots
- Finishing of textiles Romsey
- Activities of real estate investment trust Peacehaven
The mortgage lender will want to know if the property is a Detached freehold house or a Leasehold house and if the resident is a Private Tenant. Plan for your inheritance tax bills and don’t give your money to the Marxists. An Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage Santander could help reduce bills.
Common LTV percentages of Virgin Money interest only lifetime mortgages for people over 60, Zurich later life interest-only mortgages over 70, Sainsbury’s mortgages over 70s, Principality Building Society lifetime mortgages for people over 55, Newcastle Building Society interest only mortgages for over 70s and Cumberland Building Society remortgages for people over 50 years old are 45%, 55% and 65%.
Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage Santander
Some of the lowest rates are available from big banks like Santander. The valuation fee for interest online lifetime mortgage Santander can be as low as £255.
Santander Lifetime Mortgages
For Santander Lifetime Mortgages you will need a solicitor and a valuation to value your home.
Drawbacks of Santander Lifetime mortgages in 2022
Popular LTV ratios of Liverpool Victoria over 60 mortgages, More 2 Life mortgages for people 60 plus, One Family RIO mortgages over 75, Yorkshire Building Society interest only mortgages for people over 70, Principality Building Society later life interest only mortgages over 70 and Sun Life mortgages over 70s are 50%, 55% and 65%.
Monthly payment equity release can reduce the value of your estate. Lump sum lifetime mortgages may impact the ability to claim entitlements. You may need to pay a broker’s fee, and you could have higher rates to pay with some schemes. While doing your lifetime mortgage work you should consider your tax position, entitlements to a council tax benefit and the average interest rate.
Interest-only lifetime mortgage Santander mortgage deals in 2022
Some of the most popular LTV percentages of Lloyds mortgages for over 60s, HSBC later life interest only mortgages over 75, Post Office mortgages for over 50 year olds, L&G remortgages for people over 50 years old, Royal Bank of Scotland mortgages for over 70s and Nationwide BS equity release schemes for people over 70 are 50%, 55% and 70%.
Pay just the interest in the money you borrow from Santander, with an interest-only lifetime mortgage with no hidden fees or penalties.
Santander UK plc. Registered Office: 2 Triton Square, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3AN, United Kingdom. Registered Number 2294747. Registered in England and Wales. www.santander.co.uk.
Telephone 0800 389 7000. Calls may be recorded or monitored. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Our Financial Services Register number is 106054. You can check this on the Financfial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk/register. Santander and the flame logo are registered trademarks.
Some lenders offer retirement mortgages that rely on personal income to may repayments.
Popular retirement mortgage products are TSB mortgages for pensioners, Barclays later life interest only mortgages over 70, Halifax equity release plans, Legal and General later life interest-only mortgages over 70 and Nationwide BS later life interest-only mortgages over 60.
Does Santander do Lifetime Mortgages?
Yes, Santander does lifetime mortgages at 2.36% MER.
Does Santander do Equity Release Under 55?
Yes, Santander Equity Release under 55 is 2.36% MER. The Santander interest only mortgage criteria is very open to many people
With a Santander lifetime mortgage if you pay back the loan early because you have more money this is fine as there are no redemption penalties. With Santander lifetime mortgage rates are very low and they allow voluntary payments.
This type of equity release scheme can work with one lump sum and has fixed interest rates. Another good thing about Santander is there is no advice fee and a fixed interest rate.
This type of long term loan secured against your home can affect your tax position and pension credit. A financial adviser can help you with the lending criteria.
If you still have a residential mortgage and your personal circumstances, savings credit and other debts dictate a change, many providers of lifetime mortgages can help you pay back your old mortgage and other debts.
If you need money for home improvements or need to help a member of your family get on the property ladder you should get in touch with Santander for important information about independent legal advice, residential care and long term care.
How much time should I set aside for lifetime mortgage work?
You don’t need to spend much time taking out a lifetime mortgage application if you get an advisor with a registration number.
What about means tested state benefits?
These means tested state benefits could be affected for some people but not all people.
What happens when the last borrower dies or goes into long term care?
Usually, the home is sold to pay off the principal and interest charged when you die or go into long term care. The sale of your home is done in a way where they are forced to try and get a good price. Occasional small amounts are lost in fees. It is possible to make payments in occasional small amounts as this will reduce the amount you owe.
You never owe more than your home is worth. It’s important to understand the larger lump sums in the set period are never interest free, the charged interest always rolls up after the case completes.
Will the equity release adviser explain the eligibility criteria?
Yes, the eligibility criteria will be made clear- it’s one of the commonly asked questions.
Does Concise Finance have a company number?
No, Concise Finance does not have a company number and is not able to inform you about how the debt will be repaid when you die. How much you could release (loan amounts) will depend on your age and your circumstances.
You repay the loan when you die or move into long term care and the house is sold. Other options include Santander mortgage timber frame deals.
As an example, if your house is worth £360000 you can get £216000.
What about the interest only mortgage calculator Santander?
When you just want to pay interest and not principal you should consult the interest only mortgage calculator Santander.