- Remove tax-free cash from your property with RBS Equity Release
- You don’t need to make regular monthly payments
- Use the money to help your family
- Continue to live in your property
- Often used to help tax planning
Fixed-rate 2.67% for the life of the equity release scheme.
How much cash can I get?
You can borrow 70% of your home’s value. For example, if your home is worth £250000 you can release £175000.
Recently completed mortgage, equity release and lifetime mortgage cases
With my power of attorney, I got equity release on my father’s house to pay for disability provisions including a lift and a new kitchen.
Mr Smith from Kendal
My financial advisor told me that I should get equity release and gift money to my 5 children now as it would save a massive amount of inheritance tax.
William from London
I was told by my lawyer my inheritance tax bill would be around £250,000. I got a lifetime mortgage to give money to my son and daughter so they could buy bigger homes and we bought a house in the south of France for us all to use as a holiday home.
Sophie G from Aberdeen
The financial advisor I’ve had for 25 years said I could save inheritance tax by getting £350,000 of equity release. The money was lent at a very low-interest rate close to 2% and competitive with normal mortgages you would get by proving income. I have saved a lot of tax.
Mrs Shaw from Lancaster
I had an interest-only mortgage with Birmingham Midshires. The mortgage had come to the end of its term and they wanted the £127000 back I still owed them. My lifetime mortgage saved me from losing my home and the rate was close to what I paid before.
Mr G from Kent
I got an interest-only lifetime mortgage and gave my sons £100,000 each so they could put a deposit down on a home. My money made it possible for them to get a very good mortgage deal, especially one son who is not well paid.
Mrs E from London
I was advised to get equity release from my East London home to minimise inheritance tax. My son and daughter used the money to pay down their mortgages. The interest rate on the equity release was so low it was close to their mortgage rate.
Mr Williamson from Chiswick
My son is a chef in a care home. He is not well paid. No way his bank would lend him the money to buy a flat. My equity release enabled him to put a substantial deposit down so his mortgage was very small. My equity release interest rate was close to his interest rate offered by his bank.
Ms G from Dover
I divorced my husband who was a violent alcoholic. I really feared losing my home as I sometimes look after my daughter’s children. Equity release enabled me to pay off my ex and stay secure in my home.
Mrs G from Leeds
My daughter is a single mother, and I got a £120,000 lifetime mortgage to buy her a flat outright as she has had a succession of poorly maintained rental flats not suitable for her child.
Equity Release LTV – RBS Equity Release
The more elderly you are and the unhealthier you are, the more cash you can release with RBS Equity Release.
Equity Release LTV
- 60% home reversion plans Fortify Insurance Solutions
- 30% loan to value home reversion plans Central Trust
- 50% loan to value home reversion schemes Age Concern
Pitfalls of Lifetime Mortgages
Home reversion plans can reduce the inheritance for your family. A monthly payment lifetime mortgage may impact the ability to claim benefits. You may need to pay a broker’s fee, and you could be exposed to changes in interest rates with some products.
Small business owners detail likely with equity to release from their homes
- Operation of gravel and sand pits; mining of clays and kaolin Banbury
- Motion picture distribution activities Crowborough
- Renting and leasing of air passenger transport equipment Helmsley
- Painting Polegate
- Other service activities n e c Tadcaster
- Architectural activities Wells-next-the-Sea
- Manufacture of knitted and crocheted fabrics Ambleside
- Licensed clubs Chertsey
- Manufacture of watches and clocks Shipston-on-Stour
- Other manufacturing n e c St Helens
- Production of cutlery Amersham
- Manufacture of fibre optic cables Horncastle
- Operation of rail freight terminals Bury St Edmunds
- Other food services North Tawton
- Manufacture of locks and hinges South Kirkby and Moorthorpe
- Book publishing Bedworth
- Production of essential oils Burnham-on-Sea
- Manufacture of other ceramic products n e c Berkeley
It is often found to find people seeking out monthly payment lifetime mortgage, lump sum lifetime mortgages or lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release. However, Key Retirement like VitalityLife Equity Release is keen to see paperwork to show your circumstances in the form of investment statements.
Does RBS offer Equity Release?
Yes, RBS Equity Release is 1.95% APRC.
Areas of the UK where Lifetime Mortgages are popular
- West Bedlington
- New Romney
Providers for UK Equity Release
- Lifetime Mortgage from L&G
- Pure Retirement
- Just Retirement
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Best Deals
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Buy To Let
- HSBC Equity Release On Second Homes
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Calculator
- BISF house construction lifetime mortgages
- Halifax Equity Release Scheme
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Maximum Ltv
- Lloyds Equity Release Interest Rates
- Santander Equity Release Best Deals
- Santander Retirement Mortgage Rates 2022
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Providers
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Interest Only
- Bad Credit Mortgage Comparison
- Timber Frame Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages Interest Only
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Calculator
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage House
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage
Does RBS offer Pensioner Mortgages?
Yes, RBS Pensioner Mortgages are 2.25% APR.
Does RBS offer Retirement Mortgages?
Yes, RBS Retirement Mortgages are 2.09% MER.
Does RBS offer Equity Release Under 55?
Yes, RBS Equity Release Under 55 is 1.99% MER.
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Schemes
- Stonehaven Interest Select Plan
- Age Partnership Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Canada Life Equity Release
- More to life Capital Choice Plan
Do Royal Bank of Scotland do Equity Release?
Yes, the Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release is 1.81% MER.
- Hodge Lifetime Mortgage Flexible Drawdown Plan
- Just Retirement Equity Release Plans
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Lifetime Mortgage
- Pure Retirement Drawdown Plan
Do Royal Bank of Scotland do Pensioner Mortgages?
Yes, Royal Bank of Scotland Pensioner Mortgages are 2.28% APR.
- Nationwide Equity Release Schemes
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Plans
- NatWest Equity Release Schemes
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release Plans
- Aviva Flexible Voluntary Repayment Plan
Do Royal Bank of Scotland do Retirement Mortgages?
Yes, Royal Bank of Scotland Retirement Mortgages are 2.1% MER.
- Bridgewater Lifetime Mortgage
- Hodge Lifetime Flexible Drawdown Plan
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Plans
- More 2 Life Tailored Choice Plan
Does Royal Bank of Scotland offer Equity Release Under 55?
Yes, Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release Under 55 is 2% MER.
- Stonehaven Equity Release Scheme
- Aviva Equity Release
- Bridgewater Equity Release Plans
- Hodge Lifetime Mortgage Flexible Drawdown Plan
Do Royal Bank of Scotland do Lifetime Mortgages?
Yes, Royal Bank of Scotland does lifetime mortgages at 2.21% APRC. Royal Bank of Scotland Lifetime Mortgages have a LTV of 75%.
- Just Retirement Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- L&G Legal & General Premier Flexible Lifetime Mortgage
- NatWest Equity Release Schemes
- Age Partnership Equity Release Plans
Many of the most appealing retirement mortgage products include TSB mortgages for pensioners, Barclays interest only mortgages for people over 70, NatWest interest only lifetime mortgages, L&G interest only mortgages for people over 60 and Nationwide BS later life mortgages.
The 1st and 2nd charge lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold terraced house or a Leasehold flat with share of freehold and if the resident is an AST Tenant.
Popular loan to value percentages of TSB interest only lifetime mortgages for people over 60, Barclays mortgages over 70s, Halifax interest only mortgages for over 60s near London, Legal and General retirement mortgages over 60, Royal Bank of Scotland help to buy for over 60s and Nationwide Building Society interest only retirement mortgages for over 70s are 50%, 55% and 70%.
Do RBS do Lifetime Mortgages?
Yes, RBS do lifetime mortgages at 2.22% APR. RBS Lifetime Mortgages have a loan to value of 75%.