- Remove tax-free money from your property – flexible maximum age
- 2.37% APR for mortgages for over 70s
- No lender fee for later life over 70 mortgages
- Free valuation
- No product fee for a mortgage over 70
- You can get a mortgage to buy another home
- You have the choice of making a monthly payment
- Help a family member buy their own home with a modest mortgage
- Continue to live in your own home for as long as you like and maintain 100% ownership
- This mortgage is transferrable so you can move home if you need to
How much money can I get?
You can release 65% of your home’s valuation. For example, if your house is worth £330000 you can borrow £214500.
Recently completed mortgage, equity release and lifetime mortgage cases
Sophie G from Aberdeen
The financial advisor I’ve had for 25 years said I could save inheritance tax by getting £350,000 of equity release. The money was lent at a very low-interest rate close to 2% and competitive with normal mortgages you would get by proving income. I have saved a lot of tax. I’ve got a great deal for mortgages for over 70s. The timing was great as my traditional mortgage term was up. Getting a mortgage to release equity protected my other investments with high street lenders and the maximum age limit was not problems.
Mrs Daly from Glasgow
My daughter lives in the states and does not have health insurance. My £30,000 lifetime mortgage paid the medical bills for her son to be born and a years rent in advance for a new flat for the baby. The maximum age limits were not a problem for me. I was not interested in working longer and it was easy to find the right product first time.
Mrs E from London
My mortgage needed to be repaid to the existing lender. I thought I was going to lose my house. Thanks to Concise I got equity release to pay off my mortgage. The RIO mortgage I got was the right deal for me as standard mortgages were no good and had different limits.
Mrs M from Birmingham
With no brokers fees and no lenders fees, I got an interest-only retirement mortgage which I pay each month from my private pension. The money released went to my daughter for her wedding and deposit for her next house. She wanted a family, and her flat was too small.
With my power of attorney, I got equity release on my father’s house to pay for disability provisions including a lift and a new kitchen. I looked at other options but it was easy to find a mortgage. The type of mortgage was an aged 70 lifetime mortgage.
Ms G from Dover
I divorced my husband who was a violent alcoholic. I really feared losing my home as I sometimes look after my daughter’s children. Equity release enabled me to pay off my ex and stay secure in my home.
Mr Williamson from Chiswick
My son is a chef in a care home. He is not well paid. No way his bank would lend him the money to buy a flat. My equity release enabled him to put a substantial deposit down so his mortgage was very small. My equity release interest rate was close to his interest rate offered by his bank.
Mrs G from Leeds
My daughter is a single mother, and I got a £120,000 lifetime mortgage to buy her a flat outright as she has had a succession of poorly maintained rental flats not suitable for her child.
Mrs Shaw from Lancaster
I had an interest-only mortgage with Birmingham Midshires. The mortgage had come to the end of its term and they wanted the £127000 back I still owed them. My mortgage over 70 saved me from losing my home and the rate was close to what I paid before.
Providers for mortgages for over 70s – moderate loan amount
- Legal and General with a savings account
- Norwich Union with pension income
- Key Retirement lending criteria with no repayment charge
- Mortgage over 70
The lender like Nationwide mortgages for over 70s will want to know if the property is a Detached freehold house or a Leasehold house and if the resident is an Owner Occupier. For RIO (pensioner interest only) you will need proof of income for repayments on your mortgage and your home may be repossessed if you don’t make the payments like any other interest-only payments mortgage.
Nationwide mortgages for over 70s
Take out a new mortgage at the age of 70 and you can repay the mortgage when you die.
Downsides of Family building society Schemes – mortgage options with a flexible age limit – mortgage for over 70s
Nationwide mortgages for over 70s with flexible drawdown cash release can reduce the inheritance for your family. Home reversion plans may impact entitlements to benefits. You may need to pay a broker’s fee and you could be exposed to changes in the interest rate with some products.
- Halifax RIO Advice
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Comparison
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage Fixed Rate
- HSBC Equity Release From Property
- Halifax Pensioner Mortgage Comparison
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Retirement
- Santander Equity Release Loan
- Santander Retirement Mortgage Reviews
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Interest Only
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage On Second Property
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Comparison
- Timber Frame Mortgage Comparison early repayment charges
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Broker loans for over 70s uk
- Early repayment charge nationwide
- Nationwide loans for over 70s
- Lloyds Bank 70 mortgage
- Natwest buy to let mortgages for over 70s
- Lloyds Equity Release mortgage for 70 year old
- Natwest Equity Release Plans mortgages for 70 year olds
Towns of the UK where mortgages for pensioners over 70 are common – low-risk building societies mortgage over 70
- Newton Abbot
- Princes Risborough
- Paddock Wood
Tough to finance property titles can include properties with land in addition to the domestic grounds up to a maximum property size of five acres, where the land is for normal domestic use, properties with a large number/scale of outbuildings, properties with more than one annexe or self-contained part of the property, properties where there is a self-contained part of the property or annexe, i.e. basement flat etc and properties adversely affected by existing or proposed issues including roads, rail, airports, power plants, power lines/pylons, wind turbines, sub stations, sewage works, quarries, fuel stations, refuse sites, sports grounds, noise, light or environmental pollution.
Examples of business owners with home equity to release – older people mortgage product – nationwide mortgages for over 70s
- Cargo handling for air transport activities Buckfastleigh
- Activities of construction holding companies Mexborough
- Manufacture of rusks and biscuits; manufacture of preserved pastry goods and cakes Faringdon
- Video production activities Berkhamsted
- Manufacture of telegraph and telephone apparatus and equipment Oldbury
- Manufacture of other games and toys, n e c Market Weighton
- Repair and maintenance of ships and boats Loughton with no age cap
Some of the most common loan to value percentages of Virgin Money lifetime mortgages for over 60s, Zurich interest only mortgages for over 70s, Sainsburys interest only mortgages for people over 60, Coventry Building Society retirement mortgages over 60, Nottingham Building Society mortgages for over 60s and Progressive Building Society retirement mortgages over 70 are 45%, 55% and 70%.
Hard to finance home types include properties where proposed building works have not yet commenced, entirely tenanted properties, right to buy – properties in Scotland, properties which are made up of multiple titles and properties with leased solar panels.
Difficult to mortgage home types include eco houses and modern methods of construction, properties with spray foam insulation applied to the underside of the roof, large concrete panel systems, freehold/feuhold flats (Scotland only) and properties where the flat is accessed via a deck or balcony.
Does Nationwide Building Society offer Pensioner Mortgages?
Yes, Nationwide Building Society Pensioner Mortgages are 1.89% APRC.
Does Nationwide Building Society offer Equity Release?
Yes, Nationwide Building Society Equity Release is 2.09% MER. Mortgages for the over 70s are becoming more and more popular in 2022.
What percentage can be released? Need the help of a mortgage adviser for a home loan mortgage comparison and study of mortgage terms?
Common loan to value percentages of Liverpool Victoria retirement interest only mortgages over 60, More to Life over 60 lifetime mortgages no fees, One Family mortgages over 65, Yorkshire Building Society mortgages for people 60 plus, Metro Bank mortgages for pensioners over 60 and SunLife equity release schemes for people over 70 are 45%, 60% and 65%.
- 55% monthly payment lifetime mortgage Old Mutual Wealth – property market fund
- 35% LTV compare mortgages plan Shawbrook – flexible age restrictions
- 25% loan to value interest-only lifetime mortgages Masthaven 1st Charge
- 30% LTV monthly repayment scheme Equifinance for the existing mortgage balance
- 45% LTV 25 years lump sum lifetime mortgage over 70
- 55% LTV mortgages for pensioners over 70
- Aviva pre long term care plans
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Max Scheme for loved ones
- A mortgage for over 70s at under 2% MER
- L&G Legal & General Flexible mortgage calculator
- More to Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- The pure Retirement 25-year plan mortgage market review
- More 2 Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- Age Partnership buy to let Schemes with no need for a specialist broker
- Nationwide mortgages for over 70s for all personal circumstances
- Aviva mortgage products mortgages for pensioners over 70
- More to life Capital Choice Plus Plan mortgage broker
- Bridgewater mortgages for pensioners over 70
- Canada Life products registered in England with broad eligibility criteria
- Hodge Lifetime Flexible Voluntary Repayment Plan save money with a lower rate
- L&G Legal & General Flexible investment income equity release scheme similar to a standard mortgage
- Pure Retirement Classic Drawdown Lite Plan with no mortgage repayments
- TSB Lifetime Interest Only Mortgage – guarantor mortgage for others
- UK retiree Mortgage for over 70s new mortgage deal for people with regular income on a monthly basis
- NatWest Interest Only eligibility requirements for a more personalised service
- L&G Legal & General Flexi Max Voluntary Repayment Plan with a free mortgage adviser
- A pure Retirement mortgage provider the right mortgage deal
- Stonehaven mortgage deals with mortgage age limit higher than most lenders
- TSB retirement income RIO with monthly payments and no early repayment charge
Nationwide Mortgage over 70
Does Nationwide Building Society offer Retirement Mortgages?
Yes, Nationwide Building Society Retirement Mortgages are 2.25% APR.
It’s very regular to find people seeking out lump sum lifetime mortgages, lumpsum lifetime mortgages or home reversion schemes, however, Age Partnership like Royal London Equity Release are keen to see evidence of your situation in the form of bank statements.
Common loan to value percentage ratios of Lloyds mortgages for 60 plus, Barclays over 60 lifetime mortgages no fees, NatWest later life borrowing schemes over 55, L&G later life interest only mortgages over 75, Royal Bank of Scotland mortgages for over 70s and Nationwide BS over 60 lifetime mortgages are 40%, 55% and 65%.
Does Nationwide Building Society offer Equity Release Under 55?
Yes, Nationwide Building Society Equity Release Under 55 is 2.08% APRC.
What percentage can be released – a Nationwide mortgage for over 70s?
The more aged you are and the unhealthier you are the more tax-free cash you can release. Future house prices and expectations may factor in your search mortgage journey.
Many lenders consider pension income very high quality, not like a job where you can get fired, so mortgages for over 70s can be some of the best mortgage deal options available. Some mortgage lender companies have more than one trading name. Also, be careful to make payments on time, your credit history could be important.
When assessing your affordability the lender may take into consideration your car insurance and home insurance.
Locations head offices
Nationwide Head Office address – Swindon
Nationwide Building Society interest only mortgage for over 70s
Nationwide House mortgages over 70
GPS/Geographical Post Code Only: SN3 1TA
Nationwide Administration Centre address – Northampton
Nationwide Building Society mortgage for over 70
Kings Park Road
Portman House Bournemouth Administration Centre – nationwide mortgage maximum age
Some financial institutions are located in copper row se1 2lh. The mortgage age limit nationwide is very generous.
Many of the most appealing pensioner finance products are TSB interest only mortgages for people over 70, HSBC mortgages over 65, Halifax equity release schemes, Legal & General retirement mortgages and Nationwide BS lifetime mortgages.
Does Nationwide Building Society offer Lifetime Mortgages?
Yes, Nationwide Building Society does lifetime mortgages at 2.06% APR. Nationwide Building Society Lifetime Mortgages have an LTV of 55%.
Is a Nationwide buy to let mortgage for over 70s a good deal?
Yes, the terms and the rates are close to some of the most competitive BTL mortgages for younger people.
Can pensioners get a mortgage?
Yes, pensioners with a good income can easily get a mortgage.
Are mortgages for 70 year olds possible?
Yes, and the good news is they have very low rates as pension income is considered very stable. Mortgages over 70 can be under 3% APRC.