- Remove tax-free money from your home
- No regular monthly repayments
- Use the money for anything you like
- Continue to stay in your property for as long as you like
Sandra from Manchester
I got equity release to give money to my daughter to buy a house. Without the money I borrowed, her buying a home would have been impossible.
Mrs V from Hastings
I had spent my life running up credit cards and loans then getting interest-only mortgages to pay off the debt. I got to retirement age and still owed the bank £160,000. The term was about to expire, and I could not afford the payments on my pension anyway. I got £180,000 equity release and now I am more comfortable with no monthly repayments and I spent £20,000 on a new bathroom and kitchen. I now know I can stay in my home.
Mrs Daly from Glasgow
My daughter lives in the states and does not have health insurance. My £30,000 lifetime mortgage paid the medical bills for her son to be born and a years rent in advance for a new flat for the baby.
Mrs E from London
I was advised to get equity release from my East London home to minimise inheritance tax. My son and daughter used the money to pay down their mortgages. The interest rate on the equity release was so low it was close to their mortgage rate.
Mr Williamson from Chiswick
My son is a chef in a care home. He is not well paid. No way his bank would lend him the money to buy a flat. My equity release enabled him to put a substantial deposit down so his mortgage was very small. My equity release interest rate was close to his interest rate offered by his bank.
Mrs G from Leeds
My daughter is a single mother, and I got a £120,000 lifetime mortgage to buy her a flat outright as she has had a succession of poorly maintained rental flats not suitable for her child.
Ms G from Dover
I divorced my husband who was a violent alcoholic. I really feared losing my home as I sometimes look after my daughter’s children. Equity release enabled me to pay off my ex and stay secure in my home.
Mrs L from Nottingham
I had to pay a valuation fee and a solicitor’s fee, but no lender or broker fees for my lifetime mortgage. As I was divorcing my husband of 30 years the money went to him for his share of the house. I am happy now as I am secure, and I do not need to move from my home.
Ms T from Hammersmith
My husband recently died leaving me with a mortgage I could not afford to pay. The lifetime mortgage allowed me to pay off the mortgage and have enough money left over for a new bathroom, kitchen, and roof repair.
UK Lenders for Equity Release
- Key Solutions
- Step Change
- Lifetime Mortgage from L&G
Equity Release percentages of your current property value
The more aged you are and the more serious your illnesses you are the more tax-free money you can release.
- Lloyds Equity Release Drawdown
- Halifax Retirement Mortgage Home
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Drawdown Scheme
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Comparison
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Uk
- HSBC Equity Release From Property
- Santander Equity Release Drawdown
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Buy To Let
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Interest Rate
- Natwest Equity Release Plan
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Interest Only
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages Interest Rate
- Halifax Equity Release Mortgage
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage Reviews
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage Calculator
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Maximum Ltv
- Santander Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Drawdown
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Home Reversion Plan
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage
Retired small business owners that may be interested in lifetime mortgages
- Manufacture of tubes, pipes, hollow profiles and related fittings, of steel Kirkby Lonsdale
- Retail sale by opticians Shrewsbury
- Manufacture of prepared meals and dishes Castleford
- Other social work activities without accommodation n e c Earley
- Factoring Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Manufacture of breakfast cereals and cereals-based food Bishops Stortford
- Take-away food shops and mobile food stands Pontefract
- Manufacture of machinery for mining Harrogate
- Manufacture of office machinery and equipment except for computers and peripheral equipment Bushey
- Wholesale of household goods other than musical instruments n e c Rugby
- Manufacture of loaded electronic boards Wembley
- Activities of insurance agents and brokers Godmanchester
- Cargo handling for water transport activities Ipswich
- Wholesale of chemical products Ormskirk
- Lead, zinc and tin production Newport
- Publishing of newspapers Cotgrave
- Collection of hazardous waste Great Yarmouth
- Publishing of computer games Watlington
The mortgage lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold house or a Leasehold house and if the resident is an Owner Occupier.
Pitfalls of Lifetime Mortgages
Home reversion schemes can reduce the value of your estate. Interest-only lifetime mortgages may impact the ability to get state benefits. You may need to pay a valuation fee and you could have higher rates to pay with some schemes.
- Aviva Lifetime Mortgages for Pensioners
- Just Retirement Equity Release
- More2Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- Stonehaven Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Nationwide Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- TSB Lifetime Interest Only Mortgage
- Canada Life Equity Release Schemes
- Liverpool Victoria LV= Lump Sum Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- More 2 Life Flexi Choice Drawdown Lite Plan
- Royal Bank of Scotland Lifetime Mortgage
- Aviva Equity Release
- Canada Life Interest Select Gold Flexi
- Stonehaven Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Nationwide Equity Release Schemes
- HSBC Equity Release Schemes
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga Equity Release Plans
- Bridgewater Equity Release Plans
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Plans
Equity Release LTV Percentages
- 55% monthly payment lifetime mortgage Royal London Equity Release
- 45% loan to value monthly payment equity release LV equity release
- 25% loan to value (LTV) lump sum lifetime mortgages Central Trust
It is common to find individuals seeking out monthly payment lifetime mortgage, monthly payment lifetime mortgage or monthly payment equity release, however, More2Life like AA equity release is keen to see evidence of your circumstances in the form of investment statements.
Towns in the UK where retirement mortgages are routine
- Melton Mowbray
- Bishop Auckland
- Sturminster Newton