- Release tax-free cash from your home at 1.96% APR
- You don’t need to make regular monthly payments
- Use the equity released for anything you like
- Still, have a few more mortgages payments to make? No problems
- Continue to live in your own home for as long as you like
Equity release loan to value?
You can borrow 60% of your home’s valuation. As an example, if your house is worth £290000 you can release £174000.
Recently completed mortgage, equity release and lifetime mortgage cases
Sophie G from Aberdeen
The financial advisor I’ve had for 25 years said I could save inheritance tax by getting £350,000 of equity release. The money was lent at a very low-interest rate close to 2% and competitive with normal mortgages you would get by proving income. I have saved a lot of tax.
Mrs E from London
My mortgage needed to be repaid to the existing lender. I thought I was going to lose my house. Thanks to Concise I got equity release to pay off my mortgage.
Ms T from Hammersmith
My husband recently died leaving me with a mortgage I could not afford to pay. The lifetime mortgage allowed me to pay off the mortgage and have enough money left over for a new bathroom, kitchen, and roof repair.
Ms G from Dover
I divorced my husband who was a violent alcoholic. I really feared losing my home as I sometimes look after my daughter’s children. Equity release enabled me to pay off my ex and stay secure in my home.
Mr Williamson from Chiswick
My son is a chef in a care home. He is not well paid. No way his bank would lend him the money to buy a flat. My equity release enabled him to put a substantial deposit down so his mortgage was very small. My equity release interest rate was close to his interest rate offered by his bank.
Mrs Shaw from Lancaster
I had an interest-only mortgage with Birmingham Midshires. The mortgage had come to the end of its term and they wanted the £127000 back I still owed them. My lifetime mortgage saved me from losing my home and the rate was close to what I paid before.
Mr Smith from Kendal
My financial advisor told me that I should get equity release and gift money to my 5 children now as it would save a massive amount of inheritance tax.
Mrs M from Birmingham
With no brokers fees and no lenders fees, I got an interest-only retirement mortgage which I pay each month from my private pension. The money released went to my daughter for her wedding and deposit for her next house. She wanted a family, and her flat was too small.
Mrs L from Nottingham
I had to pay a valuation fee and a solicitor’s fee, but no lender or broker fees for my lifetime mortgage. As I was divorcing my husband of 30 years the money went to him for his share of the house. I am happy now as I am secure, and I do not need to move from my home.
Mrs G from Leeds
My daughter is a single mother, and I got a £120,000 lifetime mortgage to buy her a flat outright as she has had a succession of poorly maintained rental flats not suitable for her child.
Does The West Bromwich Building Society have positive reviews for equity release?
Yes, The West Bromwich Building Society reviews are splendid for equity release.
Many of the most appealing pensioner mortgage products include TSB over 60 lifetime mortgages, Barclays over 60 lifetime mortgages, Natwest retirement mortgages, Legal & General interest only lifetime mortgages and Nationwide Building Society mortgages for over 70s.
Some of the most popular loan to value ratios of Lloyds mortgages for people over 50, Barclays Bank pensioner mortgages over 55, Post Office retirement mortgages over 70, Legal & General retirement mortgages over 65, RBS interest only retirement mortgages for over 70s and Nationwide later life mortgages for over 70s are 50%, 60% and 65%.
The mortgage lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold terraced house or a Leasehold flat with share of freehold and if the resident is an Owner Occupier.
Equity Release LTV Percentages
The more aged you are and the more serious your illnesses you are the more tax-free money you can release.
It’s often found to encounter people searching for interest-only lifetime mortgages, lumpsum lifetime mortgages or home reversion plans, however, Aviva like Old Mutual Wealth are keen to see paperwork to show your situation in the form of investment statements.
What are the current The West Bromwich Building Society rates for equity release?
The West Bromwich Building Society rates for equity release are 1.93% MER.
Some of the most popular loan to value ratios of LVE mortgages over 65, More2Life later life borrowing schemes over 55, One Family interest only lifetime mortgages for over 60s, Yorkshire Bank later life mortgages for over 60s, Metro Bank mortgages for 60 plus pensioners and Sun Life pensioner mortgages over 60 are 40%, 60% and 70%.
Some of the most common loan to value ratios of Aviva interest only lifetime mortgages for over 60s, Shepherds Friendly interest only mortgages for people over 60, Leeds Building Society lifetime mortgages for over 60s, Principality Building Society lifetime mortgages for people over 55, Nottingham Building Society interest only mortgages for over 65 year olds and National Counties Building Society mortgages for people over 50 are 50%, 60% and 65%.
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage Calculator
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Mortgage
- Halifax Equity Release Scheme
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Advisers
- Halifax Retirement Mortgage Home
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Uk
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Calculator
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Interest Only
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage Advisers
- Nationwide Equity Release Drawdown
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Reviews
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Fixed Rate
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Comparison
- Santander Equity Release From House
- Lloyds Equity Release
- Natwest Equity Release On Second Homes
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages Rates 2021
- HSBC Equity Release Plans
Do The West Bromwich Building Society do Equity Release?
Yes, The West Bromwich Building Society Equity Release is 2.11% APRC.
Difficult to mortgage property types include properties where proposed building works have not yet commenced, properties where multiple third parties are living in an annexe, right to buy – properties in Scotland, crofted houses and properties where the borrower(s) own the freehold with any connected party.
UK Lenders for Equity Release
- Just Retirement
- Age Concern
Difficult to finance property types can include difficult roof structures, timber framed properties built between 1920 and 1965, privately developed flats, maximum four storeys with a lift, privately developed flats in blocks of five storeys or more and flats above or adjacent to commercial premises.
Equity Release percentages of your current property value
- 50% monthly payment lifetime mortgage Royal London Equity Release
- 35% LTV home reversion schemes More to Life
- 30% loan to value lump sum lifetime mortgages Dudley Building Society
- 50% LTV home reversion plans Key Solutions
- 25% LTV monthly payment equity release Evolution Money
Does The West Bromwich Building Society offer Pensioner Mortgages?
Yes, The West Bromwich Building Society Pensioner Mortgages are 2.29% APRC.
Towns where retirement mortgages are common
- West Ham
Tough to finance property variants include properties built or converted into dwellings within the last 10 years, properties with room(s) or outbuilding(s) used for a small amount of personal commercial use, agricultural use of the land and any outbuildings, properties where there is a self-contained part of the property or annexe, i.e. basement flat etc and properties in coastal areas that may be affected by erosion.
Does The West Bromwich Building Society offer Retirement Mortgages?
Yes, The West Bromwich Building Society Retirement Mortgages are 2.24% APR.
- Bridgewater Equity Release Schemes
- Just Retirement Equity Release
- More2Life Flexi Choice Drawdown Lite Plan
- Nationwide Equity Release
- TSB Lifetime Mortgage
- NatWest Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release
- Hodge Lifetime Mortgage Plus
- Stonehaven Equity Release
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release
- Age Partnership Equity Release Schemes
- L&G Legal & General Flexi Max Voluntary Repayment Plan
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Plans
- Pure Retirement Lifetime Mortgage
- Nationwide Equity Release Plans
- Royal Bank of Scotland Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Age Partnership Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Canada Life Voluntary Select Gold
- HSBC Equity Release Schemes
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release
Disadvantages of Lifetime Mortgages
A monthly payment lifetime mortgage can reduce your estate value. A monthly payment lifetime mortgage may impact the ability to get state benefits. You may need to pay a solicitor’s fee and you could have higher rates to pay with some schemes.
Do The West Bromwich Building Society do Equity Release Under 55?
Yes, The West Bromwich Building Society Equity Release Under 55 is 1.91% APRC.
Tough to mortgage property variants include properties will be assessed for flood risk, leasehold properties with a short lease, typically less than 70 years, or a defective lease, some properties with sitting tenants or regulated tenancies, thatched buildings and properties that has never been registered with the land registry.
Retired business owners that may be interested in lifetime mortgages
- Manufacture of rubber tyres and tubes; retreading and rebuilding of rubber tyres Wood Green
- Manufacture of fluid power equipment Frome
- Wholesale of tobacco products Yateley
- Investigation activities Stratford-upon-Avon
- Manufacture of metal structures and parts of structures Leyland
- Motion picture, video and television programme post-production activities Folkestone
- Manufacture of communication equipment other than the telegraph, and telephone apparatus and equipment Maldon
- Other passenger land transport Mansfield
- Agents involved in the sale of furniture, household goods, hardware and ironmongery Porthleven
- Manufacture of bearings, gears, gearing and driving elements Bakewell
- Manufacture of metal forming machinery Dartmouth
- Banks Battle
- Retail sale of cosmetic and toilet articles in specialised stores Hounslow
- Manufacture of railway locomotives and rolling stock Shepshed
- Manufacture of steel drums and similar containers Gainsborough
- Wholesale of hides, skins and leather Arlesey
- Accounting and auditing activities Edenbridge
- Manufacture of refractory products Alfreton
Do The West Bromwich Building Society do Lifetime Mortgages?
Yes, The West Bromwich Building Society do lifetime mortgages at 1.84% MER. The West Bromwich Building Society Lifetime Mortgages have a loan to value (ltv) of 65%.