- Release equity from your house
- Not necessary to make monthly payments
- Help your family with the cash you release
- Still have a mortgage? No problems
- Continue to stay in your house
Sandra from Manchester
I got equity release to give money to my daughter to buy a house. Without the money I borrowed, her buying a home would have been impossible.
Ms T from Hammersmith
My husband recently died leaving me with a mortgage I could not afford to pay. The lifetime mortgage allowed me to pay off the mortgage and have enough money left over for a new bathroom, kitchen, and roof repair.
Ms G from Dover
I divorced my husband who was a violent alcoholic. I really feared losing my home as I sometimes look after my daughter’s children. Equity release enabled me to pay off my ex and stay secure in my home.
Mr Williamson from Chiswick
My son is a chef in a care home. He is not well paid. No way his bank would lend him the money to buy a flat. My equity release enabled him to put a substantial deposit down so his mortgage was very small. My equity release interest rate was close to his interest rate offered by his bank.
Mrs V from Hastings
I had spent my life running up credit cards and loans then getting interest-only mortgages to pay off the debt. I got to retirement age and still owed the bank £160,000. The term was about to expire, and I could not afford the payments on my pension anyway. I got £180,000 equity release and now I am more comfortable with no monthly repayments and I spent £20,000 on a new bathroom and kitchen. I now know I can stay in my home.
Mrs Daly from Glasgow
My daughter lives in the states and does not have health insurance. My £30,000 lifetime mortgage paid the medical bills for her son to be born and a years rent in advance for a new flat for the baby.
Mrs E from London
I was advised to get equity release from my East London home to minimise inheritance tax. My son and daughter used the money to pay down their mortgages. The interest rate on the equity release was so low it was close to their mortgage rate.
Mrs G from Leeds
My daughter is a single mother, and I got a £120,000 lifetime mortgage to buy her a flat outright as she has had a succession of poorly maintained rental flats not suitable for her child.
Mrs L from Nottingham
I had to pay a valuation fee and a solicitor’s fee, but no lender or broker fees for my lifetime mortgage. As I was divorcing my husband of 30 years the money went to him for his share of the house. I am happy now as I am secure, and I do not need to move from my home.
Equity Release Providers
- Key Solutions
- Just Retirement
It’s common to discover individuals seeking out a lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release, monthly payment lifetime mortgage or monthly payment equity release, however, Key Retirement like AIG Life are keen to see paperwork to show your situation in the form of investment statements.
The 1st and 2nd charge lender will want to know if the property is a Detached freehold house or a Leasehold flat and if the resident is an AST Tenant.
Areas of the UK where equity release is common
- Sturminster Newton
- Newport Pagnell
- Northleach with Eastington
What percentage can be released?
- 50% monthly payment equity release Legal & General
- 40% loan to value home reversion schemes LV equity release
- 30% loan to value (LTV) lumpsum lifetime mortgages Darlington
- HSBC Equity Release Best Deals
- Santander Retirement Mortgage Rates 2021
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Broker
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Drawdown Scheme
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage On Second Property
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Age
- Lloyds Bank
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages Broker
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Drawdown Scheme
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage Fixed Rate
- Nationwide Equity Release Advice
- Halifax Equity Release
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage
- Natwest Equity Release Mortgage
- Santander Equity Release On Second Homes
- Halifax Retirement Mortgage House
Successful business owners who could benefit from Home Reversion Scheme tax planning
- Activities of political organizations Newark-on-Trent
- Licensed clubs Charlbury
- Other engineering activities Epping
- Television programming and broadcasting activities Bexhill-on-Sea
- Support services to forestry Royal Leamington Spa
- Repair and maintenance of ships and boats Chester-le-Street
- Manufacture of machinery for metallurgy Darwen
- Retail sale of antiques including antique books in stores Gillingham
- Manufacture of tubes, pipes, hollow profiles and related fittings, of steel Greater Willington
- Wholesale of hardware, plumbing and heating equipment and supplies Denholme
- Manufacture of soft furnishings Middleton
- Manufacture of corrugated paper and paperboard, sacks and bags Stone
- Unlicensed restaurants and cafes Nuneaton
- Manufacture of paper and paperboard Mildenhall
- Cargo handling for water transport activities Clitheroe
- Treatment and disposal of non-hazardous waste Bentham
- Retail sale of musical instruments and scores Wellington
- Retail sale via stalls and markets of other goods Arundel
Disadvantages of Equity Release Plans
Home reversion plans can reduce your estate value. A monthly payment lifetime mortgage may impact entitlements to benefits. You may need to pay a broker’s fee and you could be exposed to changes in interest rates with some products.
- Hodge Indexed Lifetime Mortgage
- Just Retirement Drawdown Lifetime Mortgage
- L&G Legal & General Flexi Max Voluntary Repayment Plan
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Plans
- Nationwide Equity Release Plans
- NatWest Equity Release Plans
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release Schemes
- Age Partnership Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Just Retirement Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Liverpool Victoria LV= Flexible Lifetime Mortgage
- Pure Retirement Classic Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- TSB Equity Release Schemes
- NatWest Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Age Partnership Equity Release Plans
- Canada Life Lifestyle Gold Flexi
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- NatWest Equity Release
- Age Partnership Equity Release Plans
- Aviva Lifestyle Flexible Option
- Bridgewater Equity Release
- Just Retirement Equity Release
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Schemes
- More to Life Flexi Choice Drawdown Lite Plan
- More 2 Life Flexi Choice Drawdown Lite Plan
Equity Release Loan To Value
The more elderly you are and the more serious your illnesses you are the more tax-free cash you can release.