- Remove money from your home
- No monthly repayments
- Help your family get a deposit for their own home
- Continue to stay in your house for as long as you like
Mrs L from Nottingham
I had to pay a valuation fee and a solicitor’s fee, but no lender or broker fees for my lifetime mortgage. As I was divorcing my husband of 30 years the money went to him for his share of the house. I am happy now as I am secure, and I do not need to move from my home.
Ms T from Hammersmith
My husband recently died leaving me with a mortgage I could not afford to pay. The lifetime mortgage allowed me to pay off the mortgage and have enough money left over for a new bathroom, kitchen, and roof repair.
Ms G from Dover
I divorced my husband who was a violent alcoholic. I really feared losing my home as I sometimes look after my daughter’s children. Equity release enabled me to pay off my ex and stay secure in my home.
Mrs G from Leeds
My daughter is a single mother, and I got a £120,000 lifetime mortgage to buy her a flat outright as she has had a succession of poorly maintained rental flats not suitable for her child.
Mr Williamson from Chiswick
My son is a chef in a care home. He is not well paid. No way his bank would lend him the money to buy a flat. My equity release enabled him to put a substantial deposit down so his mortgage was very small. My equity release interest rate was close to his interest rate offered by his bank.
Mrs E from London
I was advised to get equity release from my East London home to minimise inheritance tax. My son and daughter used the money to pay down their mortgages. The interest rate on the equity release was so low it was close to their mortgage rate.
Sandra from Manchester
I got equity release to give money to my daughter to buy a house. Without the money I borrowed, her buying a home would have been impossible.
Mrs V from Hastings
I had spent my life running up credit cards and loans then getting interest-only mortgages to pay off the debt. I got to retirement age and still owed the bank £160,000. The term was about to expire, and I could not afford the payments on my pension anyway. I got £180,000 equity release and now I am more comfortable with no monthly repayments and I spent £20,000 on a new bathroom and kitchen. I now know I can stay in my home.
Mrs Daly from Glasgow
My daughter lives in the states and does not have health insurance. My £30,000 lifetime mortgage paid the medical bills for her son to be born and a years rent in advance for a new flat for the baby.
Mr G from Kent
I got an interest-only lifetime mortgage and gave my sons £100,000 each so they could put a deposit down on a home. My money made it possible for them to get a very good mortgage deal, especially one son who is not well paid.
Sophie G from Aberdeen
The financial advisor I’ve had for 25 years said I could save inheritance tax by getting £350,000 of equity release. The money was lent at a very low-interest rate close to 2% and competitive with normal mortgages you would get by proving income. I have saved a lot of tax.
Mrs Shaw from Lancaster
I had an interest-only mortgage with Birmingham Midshires. The mortgage had come to the end of its term and they wanted the £127000 back I still owed them. My lifetime mortgage saved me from losing my home and the rate was close to what I paid before.
With my power of attorney, I got equity release on my father’s house to pay for disability provisions including a lift and a new kitchen.
Its very regular to discover people seeking out lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release, monthly payment lifetime mortgage or lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release, however, Key Retirement like Maximum cover Equity Release are keen to see paperwork to show your personal circumstances in the form of investment statements.
- Santander Retirement Mortgage Home
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage No Payments
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Calculator
- Halifax Equity Release From House
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage Drawdown Scheme
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Drawdown Scheme
- Lloyds Equity Release Scheme
- HSBC Equity Release Drawdown
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage Maximum Ltv
- Halifax Retirement Mortgage Reviews
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Age
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Home Reversion Plan
- Natwest Equity Release Brokers Uk
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Plan
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Rates 2021
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages
- Santander Equity Release Drawdown
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Reviews
What percentage can be released?
- 55% lump sum lifetime mortgages AIG Life
- 30% loan to value (LTV) lumpsum lifetime mortgages Optimum
- 40% loan to value (LTV) monthly payment life time mortgage Bridgewater
- 55% loan to value (LTV) monthly payment equity release Precise
- 30% loan to value lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release Co-operative Bank
Towns of the UK where Lifetime Mortgages are routine
- Portishead and North Weston
- Redenhall with Harleston
- Blandford Forum
- South Shields
- East Cowes
- Bovey Tracey
- Market Weighton
- Darley Dale
Retired business owners that may be interested in lifetime mortgages
- Urban and suburban passenger railway transportation by underground, metro and similar systems Quedgeley
- Retail sale of hardware, paints and glass in specialised stores Rowley Regis
- Repair of personal and household goods n e c Spalding
- Wholesale of flowers and plants Harworth and Bircotes
- Casting of light metals Malton
- Growing of pome fruits and stone fruits Epworth
- Activities of amusement parks and theme parks Hadleigh
- Photographic activities not elsewhere classified Egremont
- Distilling, rectifying and blending of spirits Southborough
- Medical nursing home activities St Just-in-Penwith
- General secondary education Finchley
- Electrical installation Godmanchester
- Operation of gravel and sand pits; mining of clays and kaolin Cricklade
- Activities of other membership organizations n e c Thetford
- Manufacture of dyes and pigments Cheltenham
- Manufacture of breakfast cereals and cereals-based food Settle
- Manufacture of sports goods Haslingden
- Retail sale of other second-hand goods in stores not incl antiques Winslow
UK Equity Release Lenders
- Lifetime Mortgage from L&G
- Liverpool Victoria
- the Telegraph
Disadvantages of Lifetime Mortgages
Monthly payment equity release can reduce your estate value. Lumpsum lifetime mortgages may impact ability to claim entitlements. You may need to pay a valuation fee and some products expose you to changes in interest rates.
Equity Release LTV
The older you are and the sicker you are the more tax free cash you can release.
- Aviva Equity Release Schemes
- Bridgewater Lifetime Mortgage
- Just retirement equity release key features
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release
- More2Life Tailored Choice Plan
- Stonehaven Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- More to Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release Plans
- Saga Equity Release Plans
- Age Partnership Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Bridgewater Equity Release Schemes
- Just Retirement Equity Release
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Max Plus
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Schemes
- More 2 Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release Schemes
- More2Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- More2Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- Royal Bank of Scotland Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga home reversion schemes
The 1st and 2nd charge lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold house or a Leasehold flat with share of freehold and if the resident is an Private Tenant.