- Release money from your home
- Not necessary to make monthly payments
- Help your family to buy another home
- Are you still paying a mortgage? No problems
- Continue to stay in your home for as long as you like
How much cash can I borrow?
You can release 65% of your home’s valuation. For example, if your home is worth £180000 you can release £117000.
Recently completed mortgage, equity release and lifetime mortgage cases
With my power of attorney, I got equity release on my father’s house to pay for disability provisions including a lift and a new kitchen.
Mrs Daly from Glasgow
My daughter lives in the states and does not have health insurance. My £30,000 lifetime mortgage paid the medical bills for her son to be born and a years rent in advance for a new flat for the baby.
Mrs G from Leeds
My daughter is a single mother, and I got a £120,000 lifetime mortgage to buy her a flat outright as she has had a succession of poorly maintained rental flats not suitable for her child.
Mrs M from Birmingham
With no brokers fees and no lenders fees, I got an interest-only retirement mortgage which I pay each month from my private pension. The money released went to my daughter for her wedding and deposit for her next house. She wanted a family, and her flat was too small.
Mrs Shaw from Lancaster
I had an interest-only mortgage with Birmingham Midshires. The mortgage had come to the end of its term and they wanted the £127000 back I still owed them. My lifetime mortgage saved me from losing my home and the rate was close to what I paid before.
Mr Williamson from Chiswick
My son is a chef in a care home. He is not well paid. No way his bank would lend him the money to buy a flat. My equity release enabled him to put a substantial deposit down so his mortgage was very small. My equity release interest rate was close to his interest rate offered by his bank.
Ms T from Hammersmith
My husband recently died leaving me with a mortgage I could not afford to pay. The lifetime mortgage allowed me to pay off the mortgage and have enough money left over for a new bathroom, kitchen, and roof repair.
Sophie G from Aberdeen
The financial advisor I’ve had for 25 years said I could save inheritance tax by getting £350,000 of equity release. The money was lent at a very low-interest rate close to 2% and competitive with normal mortgages you would get by proving income. I have saved a lot of tax.
Does YBS offer Lifetime Mortgages?
Yes, YBS does lifetime mortgages at 2.24% APRC. YBS Lifetime Mortgages can have a LTV of 60%.
Providers for Equity Release including Yorkshire Building Society Equity Release
- Lifetime Mortgage from L&G
- Legal and General
- Maximum cover Equity Release
Does YBS offer Equity Release Under 55?
Yes, YBS Equity Release Under 55 is 2.29% MER.
- Bad Credit Mortgage Interest Rates
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Providers
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage
- Natwest Equity Release Interest Rates
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Buy To Let
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Over 55
- Nationwide Equity Release Loan
- Santander Equity Release On Second Homes
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Buy To Let
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Advice
- Halifax Equity Release From Property
- HSBC Equity Release Plan
- Lloyds Equity Release Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release From House
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages UK
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage
- Timber Frame Mortgage No Payments
- BISF house construction equity release
Does YBS offer Retirement Mortgages?
Yes, YBS Retirement Mortgages are 2.14% APR.
Do Yorkshire Building Society have excellent reviews for equity release?
Yes, Yorkshire Building Society reviews are superb for equity release.
- Aviva Lifetime Mortgages for Pensioners
- Hodge Indexed Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga Equity Release Schemes
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Plans
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Schemes
- More 2 Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- More to life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- Just Retirement Equity Release
- L&G Legal & General Premier Flexible Lifetime Mortgage
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Schemes
- More to Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- Royal Bank of Scotland Lifetime Mortgage
- More to life Tailored Choice Plan
- More to Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- Pure Retirement Equity Release
- Nationwide Equity Release Schemes
Does YBS offer Pensioner Mortgages?
Yes, YBS Pensioner Mortgages are 2.11% APRC.
Examples of retired small business owners likely to have equity to release
- Manufacture of knitted and crocheted hosiery Haslingden
- Public order and safety activities Southwold
- Manufacture of breakfast cereals and cereals-based food Calne
- General medical practice activities Plympton
- Activities of financial services holding companies Wooler
- Other sports activities Bridgwater
- Physical well-being activities Dorchester
- Botanical and zoological gardens and nature reserves activities Wantage
- Retail sale via mail order houses or via Internet Northallerton
- Wholesale of other machinery and equipment Hedon
- Development of building projects Carterton
- Public houses and bars Broseley
- Activities of conference organisers Rotherham
- Credit granting by non-deposit taking finance houses and other specialist consumer credit grantors Clitheroe
- Residents property management Congleton
- Extraction of peat Bury St Edmunds
- Manufacture of glass fibres Shirebrook
- Take-away food shops and mobile food stands Reading
Does YBS offer Equity Release?
Yes, YBS Equity Release is 1.92% MER.
Tough to mortgage home titles include rentcharges properties with a high estate rentcharge, properties without a kitchen or bathroom, properties of non-standard construction, asbestos construction and properties that has never been registered with the land registry.
What are Yorkshire Building Society interest rates for equity release?
Yorkshire Building Society interest rates for equity release are 1.81% APR.
What are YBS rates for equity release?
YBS rates for equity release are 2.05% APRC.
Difficult to mortgage home types include eco houses and modern methods of construction, properties with any externally applied insulation to the walls after construction, steel frame/clad properties built before 1990, privately developed flats in blocks of two storeys without a lift and flats above or adjacent to commercial premises.
Tough to finance property variants include flats of less than 30 square metres in any location, properties with grounds in excess of five acres, agricultural use of the land and any outbuildings, properties with flying or creeping freeholds which comprise over 15% of the total floor area and properties with mobile phone masts which are within influencing distance of the house.
Does Yorkshire Building Society offer Equity Release?
Yes, Yorkshire Building Society Equity Release is 2.03% APR.
Disadvantages of Equity Release Plans
Lumpsum lifetime mortgages can reduce your estate value. A monthly payment lifetime mortgage may impact entitlements to state benefits. You may need to pay a solicitor’s fee and you could have higher rates to pay with some schemes.
Hard to finance property variants include properties where proposed building works have not yet commenced, properties where multiple third parties are living in an annexe, right to buy – properties in Scotland, properties with unregistered titles subject to these being registered as part of the legal process and properties with leased solar panels.
Does Yorkshire Building Society offer Pensioner Mortgages?
Yes, Yorkshire Building Society Pensioner Mortgages are 2.11% APR.
Some of the most common loan to values of Aviva over 60 lifetime mortgages no fees, Shepherds Friendly later life interest only mortgages over 70, Leeds Building Society interest only lifetime mortgages for over 70s, Principality Building Society later life interest only mortgages over 60, West Bromwich Building Society later life interest only mortgages over 60 and Cumberland Building Society later life interest only mortgages over 70 are 50%, 60% and 65%.
The 1st and 2nd charge lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold terraced house or a Leasehold house and if the resident is a Private Tenant.
Common LTV ratios of LVE later life mortgages for over 70s, More to life over 60 mortgages, One Family interest only mortgages for people over 60, Yorkshire Bank mortgages for people 60 plus, Principality Building Society equity release schemes for over 55’s and SunLife later life interest only mortgages over 70 are 35%, 60% and 65%.
How much is it common to release from a home
The more aged you are and the more illnesses you have you are the more money you can release.
Areas where retirement mortgages are routine
Common LTV ratios of TSB later life interest only mortgages over 75, Barclays Bank later life interest only mortgages over 70, NatWest mortgages for over 70s, Legal & General over 60 lifetime mortgages, Bank of Scotland interest only mortgages for people over 70 and Nationwide BS mortgages for over 60s are 45%, 55% and 70%.
Do Yorkshire Building Society do Retirement Mortgages?
Yes, Yorkshire Building Society Retirement Mortgages are 1.92% MER.
Equity Release LTV
- 55% home reversion schemes VitalityLife Equity Release
- 45% loan to value (LTV) monthly payment lifetime mortgage Step Change
- 45% loan to value monthly payment lifetime mortgage Step Change
- 35% LTV monthly payment lifetime mortgage Optimum Credit
It’s usual to encounter individuals seeking out monthly payment lifetime mortgage, lump sum lifetime mortgages or monthly payment equity release, however, Bower like LV Liverpool Victoria is keen to see evidence of your personal situation in the form of bank statements.
Do Yorkshire Building Society do Lifetime Mortgages?
Yes, Yorkshire Building Society does lifetime mortgages at 1.94% APRC. Yorkshire Building Society Lifetime Mortgages have a loan to value of 75%.
Common pensioner mortgage products are Lloyds Bank equity release schemes, HSBC pensioner mortgages, Post Office mortgages over 70s, Legal & General mortgages over 65 and Nationwide help to buy for over 60s.
Does Yorkshire Building Society offer Equity Release Under 55?
Yes, Yorkshire Building Society Equity Release Under 55 is 2.06% APRC.