- Remove money from your property
- Not necessary to make monthly payments
- Help your family with the cash you release
- Continue to live in your own house
- Can be a vehicle to reduce tax bills
Testimonials and Example Cases
Mrs Shaw from Lancaster
I had an interest-only mortgage with Birmingham Midshires. The mortgage had come to the end of its term and they wanted the £127000 back I still owed them. My lifetime mortgage saved me from losing my home and the rate was close to what I paid before.
Sophie G from Aberdeen
The financial advisor I’ve had for 25 years said I could save inheritance tax by getting £350,000 of equity release. The money was lent at a very low-interest rate close to 2% and competitive with normal mortgages you would get by proving income. I have saved a lot of tax.
Sandra from Manchester
I got equity release to give money to my daughter to buy a house. Without the money I borrowed, her buying a home would have been impossible.
Mr Williamson from Chiswick
My son is a chef in a care home. He is not well paid. No way his bank would lend him the money to buy a flat. My equity release enabled him to put a substantial deposit down so his mortgage was very small. My equity release interest rate was close to his interest rate offered by his bank.
Mrs E from London
I was advised to get equity release from my East London home to minimise inheritance tax. My son and daughter used the money to pay down their mortgages. The interest rate on the equity release was so low it was close to their mortgage rate.
Mrs Daly from Glasgow
My daughter lives in the states and does not have health insurance. My £30,000 lifetime mortgage paid the medical bills for her son to be born and a years rent in advance for a new flat for the baby.
Mr G from Kent
I got an interest-only lifetime mortgage and gave my sons £100,000 each so they could put a deposit down on a home. My money made it possible for them to get a very good mortgage deal, especially one son who is not well paid.
Ms T from Hammersmith
My husband recently died leaving me with a mortgage I could not afford to pay. The lifetime mortgage allowed me to pay off the mortgage and have enough money left over for a new bathroom, kitchen, and roof repair.
Mrs L from Nottingham
I had to pay a valuation fee and a solicitor’s fee, but no lender or broker fees for my lifetime mortgage. As I was divorcing my husband of 30 years the money went to him for his share of the house. I am happy now as I am secure, and I do not need to move from my home.
Ms G from Dover
I divorced my husband who was a violent alcoholic. I really feared losing my home as I sometimes look after my daughter’s children. Equity release enabled me to pay off my ex and stay secure in my home.
Equity Release LTV
- 50% home reversion schemes Maximum cover Equity Release
- 45% loan to value home reversion schemes Stonehaven Mortgage
- 30% loan to value (LTV) monthly payment life time mortgage Beverley
- 45% loan to value home reversion schemes Stonehaven
- 30% loan to value lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release Evolution Money
- 60% loan to value lump sum lifetime mortgages 1st Stop Home Loans
- 45% loan to value lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release Vida
- 25% loan to value home reversion plans United Trust Bank
The lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold house or a Leasehold flat with share of freehold and if the resident is an Owner Occupier Primary Residence.
Providers for Equity Release
- Key Solutions
- Lifetime Mortgage from L&G
Pitfalls of Lifetime Mortgages
Lumpsum lifetime mortgages can reduce your estate value. Home reversion plans may impact the ability to claim entitlements. You may need to pay a legal fee and you could be exposed to changes in interest rates with some products.
It is usual to discover people seeking out lump sum lifetime mortgages, lump sum lifetime mortgages or interest-only lifetime mortgages, however, the Telegraph like AIG Life are keen to see paperwork to show your personal situation in the form of pension statements.
Wealthy business owners who could benefit from equity release estate planning
- Manufacture of cordage, rope, twine and netting Cinderford
- Renting and leasing of recreational and sports goods Brixham
- Manufacture of agricultural tractors Accrington
- Activities of conference organisers St Columb Major
- Manufacture of hollow glass Southam
- Manufacture of other special-purpose machinery n e c Ripley
- Repair of footwear and leather goods Maldon
- Retail sale via mail order houses or via Internet Newton-le-Willows
- Agents involved in the sale of furniture, household goods, hardware and ironmongery Sandhurst
- Distribution of electricity Bognor Regis
- Growing of sugar cane Winsford
- Retail sale of automotive fuel in specialised stores Surbiton
- Letting and operating of conference and exhibition centres Sedgefield
- Pre-press and pre-media services Halifax
- Activities of property unit trusts Edgware
- Operation of warehousing and storage facilities for air transport activities Bentham
- Recovery of sorted materials Crowborough
- Freshwater fishing Ferndown
Equity Release Loan To Value
The more aged you are and the more serious your illnesses you are the more money you can release.
Towns in the UK where retirement mortgages are common
- Sturminster Newton
- Wimborne Minster
- Bognor Regis
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages Reviews
- HSBC Equity Release Drawdown
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Comparison
- Halifax Equity Release Plan
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage Maximum Ltv
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Loan
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Loan
- Halifax Retirement Mortgage Loan
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Over 55
- Nationwide Equity Release Mortgage
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Calculator
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage No Payments
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Fixed Rate
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Home
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release On Second Homes
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Loan
- Santander Retirement Mortgage Loan
- More 2 Life Tailored Choice Plan
- Just retirement defined benefit
- L&G Legal & General Premier Flexible Lifetime Mortgage
- Liverpool Victoria LV= Flexible Lifetime Mortgage
- Nationwide Equity Release
- TSB Equity Release
- NatWest Equity Release
- Bridgewater Lifetime Mortgage
- Hodge Lifetime Mortgage Flexible Drawdown Plan
- Liverpool Victoria LV= Lump Sum Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- More to Life Tailored Choice Plan
- Pure Retirement Equity Release Plans
- Stonehaven Equity Release Scheme
- HSBC Equity Release Schemes
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release
- Liverpool Victoria LV= Lump Sum Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- Nationwide Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- TSB Lifetime Mortgage
- Canada Life Lifestyle Lite Flexi
- More2Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- Pure Retirement Equity Release
- Stonehaven Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga Lifetime Mortgage