- Remove tax-free equity from your house
- No regular monthly repayments
- Help your family to buy a house
- Continue to live in your property with HSBC Equity Release
Equity release rates 2.09% for lower loan to values, with slightly higher rates for larger amounts. No fees apart from a small valuation fee.
How much cash can I borrow?
You can get 60% of your property’s valuation. For example, if your home is valued at £290000 you can get £174000.
HSBC Equity Release will want to know if the property is a Freehold terraced house or a Leasehold flat and if the resident is an AST Tenant.
Some of the most common LTV ratios of Liverpool Victoria retirement mortgages over 70, More to Life interest-only mortgages for over 60s near London, One Family interest-only mortgages for people over 60, Yorkshire Building Society over 60 mortgages, Metro Bank later life borrowing schemes over 55 and Axa help to buy for over 60s are 35%, 55% and 70%.
Some of the most common LTV percentagesof Virgin Money mortgages for people over 50, Zurich interest only lifetime mortgages for over 70s, Churchill mortgages for over 60s, Principality Building Society mortgages for over 60s, Newcastle Building Society pensioner mortgages over 60 and Cumberland Building Society lifetime mortgages for people over 55 are 50%, 60% and 65%.
Difficult to mortgage property types include properties currently undergoing substantial alterations, extensions or repairs, properties where letting arrangement where the tenancy agreement is not appropriate, feuhold/freehold properties (including flats) in Scotland, properties with unregistered titles subject to these being registered as part of the legal process and properties owned under any form of shared equity scheme.
Hard to mortgage property variants include eco-houses and modern methods of construction, properties with pre-1945 asbestos or similar composition roof tiles, large concrete panel systems, coach houses i.e. freehold properties with garages beneath and privately developed flats in blocks of three or four storeys without a lift.
Challenging to finance home titles can include flats of less than 30 square metres in any location, properties with a single annexe or other self-contained parts of the property, grades l and ll* Listed Buildings in England & Wales (Grades A and B in Scotland; A, B+ and B1 in Northern Ireland), properties that are being used for personal commercial use and properties that have a private water supply provided a contract is in place with an approved maintenance company for regular testing and maintenance.
Successful business owners who could benefit from equity release estate planning with HSBC Equity Release
- Manufacture of tools Whitworth
- Operation of sports facilities Stalham
- Manufacture of optical precision instruments Darley Dale
- The weaving of textiles Honiton
- Aluminium production Chipping Campden
- Manufacture of imitation jewellery and related articles Kirkby Stephen
- Holiday centres and villages Rochester
- Non-trading company Enfield
- Artistic creation St Ives
- Sale of used cars and light motor vehicles Carlton Colville
- Retail sale of sports goods, fishing gear, camping goods, boats and bicycles Winchelsea
- Non-life reinsurance Long Sutton
- Other manufacturing n e c Coleshill
- Growing of cereals except for rice, leguminous crops and oil seeds Lydney
- Processing and preserving of poultry meat Wickwar
- Repair of machinery Westhoughton
- First-degree level higher education Maryport
- Repair of electronic and optical equipment Leyton
Equity Release LTV Percentages
The older you are and the more serious your illnesses you are, the more tax-free cash you can release with HSBC Equity Release.
Popular loan to values of Lloyds mortgages for people 60 plus, Barclays equity release schemes for people over 70, Post Office lifetime mortgages for over 60s, L&G mortgages for people over 50, Royal Bank of Scotland mortgages for over 50 year olds and Nationwide Building Society mortgages over 65 are 45%, 60% and 70%.
Areas in the UK where retirement mortgages are common
- Bishops Waltham
- Tenbury Wells
- Woburn Sands
- Chipping Sodbury
What percentage can be released?
- 55% lumpsum lifetime mortgages LV Liverpool Victoria
- 60% LTV lump sum lifetime mortgages Lifetime Mortgage from L&G
- 40% LTV monthly payment equity release Vida
- 25% loan to value lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release West Bromwich Building Society
Drawbacks of Home Reversion Schemes
Lumpsum lifetime mortgages can reduce the inheritance for your family. Monthly payment equity release may impact the ability to claim entitlements. You may need to pay an advisor’s fee and some products expose you to changes in interest rates.
UK Lenders for Equity Release
- Lifetime Mortgage from L&G
- Stonehaven Mortgage
- Key Solutions
It’s common to find individuals searching for home reversion plans, lump sum lifetime mortgages or monthly payment equity release, however, More to life like Legal & General is keen to see proof of your circumstances in the form of pension statements.
- Canada Life Voluntary Select Gold Flexi
- Hodge Lifetime Mortgage Flexible Drawdown Plan
- More to life Flexi Choice Drawdown Lite Plan
- Nationwide Equity Release
- HSBC Equity Release Schemes
- TSB Equity Release
- More to Life Flexi Choice Drawdown Lite Plan
- Royal Bank of Scotland Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga Equity Release Schemes
- Bridgewater Equity Release Schemes
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Max Scheme
- Stonehaven Equity Release
- Nationwide Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- HSBC Equity Release Plans
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Schemes
- More to life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- Just retirement equity release key features
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Plans
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Schemes
- TSB Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga Equity Release Plans
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Home
- Bad Credit Mortgage Advice
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- Lloyds Equity Release Mortgage
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Comparison
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Rates 2022
- Timber Frame Mortgage Maximum Ltv
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Drawdown Scheme
- Halifax Equity Release Brokers UK
- Santander Equity Release Interest Rates
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Broker
- Nationwide Equity Release Loan
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Broker
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release
- Santander Retirement Mortgage Interest Only
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Home Reversion Plan
- Natwest Equity Release Retirement
HSBC UK Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register number: 765112). HSBC UK Bank plc is a company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales with company registration number 9928412 and its registered office at 1 Centenary Square, Birmingham, B1 1HQ. HSBC UK Bank plc’s registered VAT Number is GB 365684514. HSBC adheres to The Standards of Lending Practice which is monitored and enforced by The Lending Standards Board. Further details can be found at www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk
Common retirement loan offerings are Lloyds Bank interest only lifetime mortgages, Barclays interest only mortgages for people over 60, Post Office later life interest only mortgages, L&G over 60 mortgages and Nationwide lifetime mortgages.
Do HSBC do Equity Release?
Yes, HSBC does equity release at 2.09% MER.
Does HSBC offer Equity Release Under 55?
Yes, HSBC Equity Release under 55 is 2.09% APRC.