- Remove tax-free cash from your home with Halifax equity release
- No need to make monthly payments
- Use the money you release for anything you like
- Are you still paying a mortgage? That’s fine we can help
- Continue to live in your own property
- Can be used to support tax planning
Testimonials and Example Cases
Sophie G from Aberdeen
The financial advisor I’ve had for 25 years said I could save inheritance tax by getting £350,000 of equity release. The money was lent at a very low-interest rate close to 2% and competitive with normal mortgages you would get by proving income. I have saved a lot of tax.
Mr Smith from Kendal
My financial advisor told me that I should get equity release and gift money to my 5 children now as it would save a massive amount of inheritance tax.
Mrs V from Hastings
I had spent my life running up credit cards and loans then getting interest-only mortgages to pay off the debt. I got to retirement age and still owed the bank £160,000. The term was about to expire, and I could not afford the payments on my pension anyway. I got £180,000 equity release and now I am more comfortable with no monthly repayments and I spent £20,000 on a new bathroom and kitchen. I now know I can stay in my home.
Ms G from Dover
I divorced my husband who was a violent alcoholic. I really feared losing my home as I sometimes look after my daughter’s children. Equity release enabled me to pay off my ex and stay secure in my home.
Mrs L from Nottingham
I had to pay a valuation fee and a solicitor’s fee, but no lender or broker fees for my lifetime mortgage. As I was divorcing my husband of 30 years the money went to him for his share of the house. I am happy now as I am secure, and I do not need to move from my home.
Mrs E from London
I was advised to get equity release from my East London home to minimise inheritance tax. My son and daughter used the money to pay down their mortgages. The interest rate on the equity release was so low it was close to their mortgage rate.
Mr G from Kent
I got an interest-only lifetime mortgage and gave my sons £100,000 each so they could put a deposit down on a home. My money made it possible for them to get a very good mortgage deal, especially one son who is not well paid.
My mother has dementia. With my solicitor and my power of attorney, I got equity release on my mother’s house to pay for specialist modifications for her comfort.
The 1st and 2nd charge lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold house or a Leasehold flat with share of freehold and if the resident is an AST Tenant.
Areas of the UK where equity release is common
- North Hykeham
- Budleigh Salterton
- Higham Ferrers
It is usual to find individuals seeking out home reversion schemes, monthly payment lifetime mortgage or interest-only lifetime mortgages, however, Just Retirement like AIG Life is keen to see evidence of your circumstances in the form of bank statements.
Equity Release percentages of your current property value
- 55% lumpsum lifetime mortgages LV Liverpool Victoria
- 30% loan to value (LTV) home reversion schemes Shawbrook
- 60% loan to value lumpsum lifetime mortgages Key Retirement
- 60% loan to value interest-only lifetime mortgages Norton Finance
- 30% loan to value monthly payment lifetime mortgage Virgin Money PLC
Successful business owners who could benefit from equity release estate planning – use Halifax equity release
- Manufacture of wooden containers Carnforth
- Cutting, shaping and finishing of stone Ingleby Barwick
- Development of building projects Woburn
- Support services to forestry Launceston
- Raising of swine pigs Thrapston
- Environmental consulting activities Cheshunt
- Other food services Tadley
- Barristers at law Spalding
- Manufacture of footwear South Molton
- Renting and leasing of trucks and other heavy vehicles Winterton
- Motion picture distribution activities Beckenham
- The casting of light metals Marlow
- Wholesale of machine tools Maidenhead
- Manufacture of other special-purpose machinery n e c Doncaster
- Manufacture of earthmoving equipment Harrow
- Translation and interpretation activities Salcombe
- Retail sale of music and video recordings in specialised stores Brampton
- Banks Corsham
Pitfalls of Lifetime Mortgages
Lumpsum lifetime mortgages can reduce the inheritance for your family. Home reversion plans may impact the ability to claim entitlements. You may need to pay a solicitor’s fee and some products expose you to changes in interest rates.
UK Equity Release Providers
- the Telegraph
- Prudential Lifetime
- Age Partnership
- Liverpool Victoria
- Halifax Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- Nationwide Equity Release
- Santander Equity Release Brokers Uk
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release From House
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Loan
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage Advisers
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage No Payments
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages Home
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- HSBC Equity Release Plans
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Reviews
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Buy To Let
- Natwest Equity Release Mortgage
- Halifax Equity Release Brokers Uk
- Santander Retirement Mortgage Interest Only
Common names of UK Equity Release Products.
Largely offered by building societies, banks, insurance companies and overseas investors. Most products are aimed at homeowners in retirement.
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Max Plus
- TSB Lifetime Interest Only Mortgage
- Aviva Lifetime Mortgages for Pensioners
- Bridgewater Lifetime Mortgage
- Canada Life Second Home Voluntary Select Plan
- Just retirement defined benefit
- Stonehaven Equity Release Plan
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release Schemes
- Saga Equity Release Schemes
- Age Partnership Equity Release Plans
- Stonehaven Equity Release Scheme
- Nationwide Equity Release
- HSBC Equity Release Schemes
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga home reversion schemes
- Hodge Equity Release Plans
- Stonehaven Lifetime Mortgage
- Nationwide Equity Release
- NatWest Lifetime Mortgage
Equity Release Loan To Value
The more elderly you are and the sicker you are, the more tax-free cash you can release.